It's been a little while since I wrote last. So many changes in life had made it a last priority to write a blog but today, I feel inspired to write and share how I feel, even if no one reads it. We weren't able to go to church today because I don't feel well. My, ahem.... 'aunt' came to visit and she makes me feel awful for the 1st few days. But, even though I wasn't able to attend church, I felt inspired. Not by a talk but by music. Music has always been a comfort and strength in my life and today proves it to me. I decided to put on The Mormon Tabernacle choir or MoTab has I affectionately call them on to help me feel the Spirit more throughout my day. I put on one of my favorites by them, My Shepard Will Supply My Need and I felt overcome by emotions of joy and gratitude. Even though my lil family has to live with my husbands parents(who are wonderful!) and go to school while trying to work and take care of the kids and study for school, I know I've been blessed. So many people think that it's what you have, possession wise, that makes you happy but I believe it's so much more than that. It's knowing your Savior loves you, through it all, good and bad. Counting your blessings through even the worst of times and you'll see that what I am saying is true.
I wanted to post the song that helps me know how loved I am with you. I hope it helps you feel the same way I do whenever I hear it. I also have it playing when you go to my blog. Have a great week everyone!
My Shepard Will Supply My Need
My Shepard will supply my need,
Jehovah is His name.
In pastures fresh He makes me feed,
Beside the living stream.
He brings my wandering spirit back,
When I forsake His ways.
And leads me for His mercy's sake,
In paths of truth and grace.
When I walk through the shades of death,
Thy presence is my stay.
One word of thy supporting breath,
Drives all my fears away.
Thy hand in sight of all my foes,
Doth still my table spread.
My cup with blessings overflows,
Thine oil anoints my head.
The sure provisions of my God,
Attend me all my days.
O may Thy house be my abode,
And all my work be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
While others go and come.
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.
My Shepard will supply my need.
4 comments:
So very well said Leah :) I whole-heartedly agree. Everyone is in different stages of life, and in different situations. There is no guidelines saying we have to be doing a certain thing at a certain time in our lives. All that matters is that you are happy, and you know that you are blessed, and that you know from where your blessings come!
I love that song too :) I have several MoTab cd's :) They are so delightful! Hope you are feeling better, and know that I love you :)
Hey! I've been thinking about you a lot so I just wanted to say hi and see how you and your fam are doing. I don't think I have your new # since the move so call me when you get time and we'll catch up. :)
i love this---thanks!
I love your new profile pic! It really looks like it sums up the Joncas kids pretty well! :) "Hillaaaaarious!!!"
Post a Comment