January 30, 2011

Pennsylvania

Dear my beloved friends of the blogging community-
As I always say, I'm sorry I don't update my bloggy blog more often!! I do love you guys and love to read your blogs! Forgive me my lovelies! Okay, with that said, here is the best thing that Scott has ever surprised me with and I'm forever in his debt...
I was born in Doylestown, PA. As a kid, we lived there till I was five and we moved around quite a bit all over the Midwest. But we did visit the family every 4-5 years when we could. When I married Scott, we moved about 3 times in our first year of marriage. We finally ended up in Champaign Ill and still had many financial issues for three years. We knew that we needed a new start and so, we moved in with his parents. They're so wonderful and we've had a few rough times with them but overall, it's been a pretty good experience. Scott doesn't apply for loans anymore because we don't want to go into debt too much with school so he now just goes for the grants. With the last loan we did get, he did something that blessed me greatly.
The last time I saw my extended family was when I was 18. It had been 8 years and I wished they could meet my awesome hubster and 2 baby boys(who aren't actual babies anymore but they will always be that way in my heart:)) With my CNA job, we all have to work a holiday, whether it be Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve or Christmas day and New Years Eve. I tried asking if it would be possible that I could have both Christmas Eve and Christmas day off but, to my dismay, I was let down. But, I figured maybe if we save up enough, we could go in the summer.
Scott, with is brilliant mind, had an idea. He actually went and talked to my boss, asking her if there was any way I could have those days off. He wanted to surprise me and told her how long it had been since I saw my family. And do you know what she said?!?!?!
" You know what? I'll have one of the college girls fill her in. Just make sure it's a surprise okay?"
So, it was my birthday and my buddies came to just chillax and eat some yummy cake. I was totally oblivious to the fact that Scott and my bro-in-law Tim were finding the cheapest airline tickets online to get to PA.
As I sat visiting with my buds, Scott came over and handed me a card. It smelled of fresh permanent marker and I laughed cuz I figured he just forgot to write in it(he's never been prepared with cards). I opened and said thank you and gave him a lil crap for just writing it when he said "Look inside." I figured there was jewelry or something in it but it was a lil note. I opened it and had to re-read what it said..."You're going to Pennsylvania for Christmas." I started bawling and asked how he did it. He told me and I think I hugged him so hard I gave his back a lil crack. My husband and kids were finally able to meet my family and I can finally say I love you to all of them.
Most of you have seen my pics on Facebook but I'll repost some of them for my blogger buddies how haven't. Miracles do happen. And when they do, never forget them and the powers that made them happen.

No comments: