December 3, 2008

Scrapes and breaks

Today was actually a great day....other than these 2 weird and crazy things that happened!!!

The first tragedy....

Since my hubby has epilepsy and had quite a few seizures a few months back, he can't drive until April(the state of IL won't let you drive unless you don't have seizures for 6 months or longer) so I take him to work everyday with our boys. I was warming up the car with Will while we waited for Scott and Aaron to come so we could go. I buckled in Will and saw Aaron and Scott coming down the sidewalk to the car. I waved at Aaron and he came bolting toward me, all cute and yelling "mommy! mommy!!" I started to run toward him in case he fell but to my dismay, he tripped over his shoes and landed smack on his nose-concrete first! He was hysterical-as were Scott and I. It was a nasty fall and his poor lil nose and lip were bleeding! We held him, kissed him, gave him all the love we could and he finally settled down. I took a picture for his baby book....



and another....


I felt horrible and blamed myself for having him run to me but felt better after eating brownies when we got home:). Speaking of going home, here is the second incident...


I was getting Will out of the car and felt my glasses falling off my face. I went to push them back up when they just fell apart in my hands!!!!!!!!!

No breaking, no nothing.

What the?!!?!?!? I NEED these glasses to see EVERYTHING!!! Ugh. So now I gotta find some gorilla glue or masking tape and look like the biggest weirdo when I go out. Oh well. If you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at anything:). But let's end on a good note, shall we?!?! Scott and I were kinda freaking out yesterday because we were running out of milk and gas and didn't have enough money to help our situation. But as I was checking the mail this morning and found a check from our old electric and gas company for...a good amount!! We over payed them-what a blessing. Some would say fate. Others, good luck, I say, my Heavenly Father has never left me wanting. I know He never will.





1 comment:

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

I love it when Heavenly Father gives blessings like that. He is definately aware of every hair on every one of His children's head :)

Hope your little boys nose is ok! I know how that feels to fall over. I am a klutz...lol Looks like he got himself pretty good there.