September 21, 2008

My lovely weekend

What a busy week it's been!!! Holy moly, I was cleaning the house like CRAZY! I was trying to make it look presentable for my family who were coming to celebrate both my moms 50th and Will's first birthday. (Mom's is on the 28th and Will's is on the 18th) I thought I was doing great and not stressing too much until I looked in the mirror Friday morning. My face decided it had had enough of all the chemicals and stress that 3 huge pimples appeared. I felt like I was back in junior high, stupid epidermis!!:/ But luckily, Scott still found me attractive and my family didn't give me TOO much crap for them.
Mom, dad, Seth, Nathan and Joseph came at around midnight Saturday morning. Jared and his lady, Amanda weren't able to come because of work. We were sad but understood of course. Scott thought it would be fun if he and the boys went downstairs and watched Speedracer(lame, lame, LAME movie!) while I chatted it up with my mom and dad. I did that until about 2:15am so the parentals could go to bed and enjoy the babies in the morning. However, the movie was still going and it lasted until 3am...ugh. Scott, myself and the 3 boys were sleeping downstairs and man, I forgot how they can goof around so early in the morning! I'm such a parent now that the latest I go to bed is 1am. And that's pushing it. So, after alot of laughing and goofing off, we all fell asleep around 4am. Mr. Aaron and Will woke up at 8:30 that morning. Wow-can we say exhausted??!?! But I wouldn't of traded staying up with my brothers for anything.
In the morning, mom and I went shopping for groceries and mom bought me this waaay cute shirt!! You'll see it in the pictures-I love it! It's silky and a creme white and doesn't make me look fat at all. Gotta love that. After, I went out with my dad and Sethman to go and get the cheese I forgot. When we came back, we ate lunch and started the double party!! Will was super tired but loved all his presents. Aaron got some too cuz you know the rules. If one gets something, so does the other. Mom got the best present of all-her first cell phone! She is technologically deficient so she never bought one before. She loves it!!
My fam left after dinner. This was probably one of the hardest times I've ever had to say goodbye to my family-especially mom. After Scott, she is my best friend. I connected with all of them though so it was twice as hard to say goodbye so soon. After they left, I had a good cry. But it wasn't too long. I felt peaceful and knew that my Heavenly Father was "hugging" me:).

Here are some pics we took. Enjoy and have a great week everyone!!

Oh yeah-Scott and Seth had a blast seeing who was stronger..I think you know who proved his point ;D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pics Leah! sounds like you had a loverly weekend :)

Alex T. Valencic said...

Dude, so Speed Racer is not lame! It is totally awesome! In fact, it is so awesome that I watched it at Wal-Mart while I was getting an oil change! Ha!

By the way... Heroes on Tuesday? Is it doable? Can it be done late-ish, like, 8:30 or 9:oo pm?

Mrs. C said...

I think 8:30 sounds good-is anyone else coming that we know of?
By the way...speedracer is still lame-baw ha ha!!

Alex T. Valencic said...

Noah and Cherry would like to come, too. Gretch and I may not be able to be there quite at 8:30, but we'll get there as close as possible! (Having dinner with her parents - Tuesday is Kalina's birthday.)