August 10, 2008

My piano and me

Did you ever think you lost yourself as a person? I just found that out. I used to love to play the piano...I barely touch those ivory keys anymore. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved pianos-especially white grand pianos. It was enough to just be in a room with one and I couldn't help but reach out and touch the keys. I marveled at how wonderful it sounded-soothing, captivating and plain beautiful. I barely feel that way anymore. The piano I have is an old player piano or well, it used to be one. Someone took out that part so now it's just a regular stand-up piano with a hole in the middle. The keys are a dim yellow and most of the ends of them chipped. The sound they make isn't quite up to par, even when it's tuned so it's hard for me to want to play it sometimes. So now, instead of the shallow approach I always seem to take with it, I'm just gonna play, play until my fingers hurt (or if Scott leaves the room and I need to watch the boys!:)) This way, I can appreciate the way my fingers move on a grand piano and truly feel I am doing my best job.
Okay, so that is my goal for now. Find myself in piano again. Relearn what I have lost, learn new things and become the best musican I know I can be. Oh yes....THIS will be fun!
Goodnight everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely know what you mean, I feel that way about dance, and just in gernal, losing yourself in the tide of life. Good luck maestro on your piano venture! love ya!

RitanSands said...

hooray for you. i totally know what you mean, and it was so great to see you, scott, and the kids. we love you!!

kim said...

Good for you girly. Sorry bout our brief phone call. How rude. My boss never calls then calls me when I am making a personal call. The nerve. :)

Ill try you later